Workshop on Communication Networks and Power Systems
Submission dates: July 2018 - October 10, 2018
The 3rd Workshop on Communication Networks and Power Systems (WCNPS) will gather renowned experts from industry and from academy in the areas of communication networks, power systems and vehicular technologies. Besides the talks of outstanding keynote speakers, peer-reviewed articles will be presented during the sessions and further published in the proceedings. The WCNPS 2018 will be held at the Technology Faculty in the University of Brasília, Brazil.
- Internet: Traffic modelling, Protocols, Embedded Internet devices, Internet of things, Resource and information management, Adaptive QoS provisioning, Smart grid communications, Emerging Technologies.
- Communication theory and techniques: Channel measurements and modeling, Coding and modulation techniques, MIMO, Multi-carrier systems and spread spectrum techniques, OFDM technology, space-time coding, diversity techniques, ultra Wide-Band Communications, antennas and Propagation.
- Information Security: Security primitives and algorithms, Security of wireless and distribution networks, Programmable networks security, Security of sensor networks, Authentication and authorization, Encryption and Data integrity.
- DSP algorithms and hardware implementations: DSP implementation in hardware, Parallel acceleration techniques, DSP algorithms, Smart antennas and tracking algorithms, Signal separation and Identification.
- Ranging and Localization: Indoor Positioning Technologies and Techniques, Radio-based Positioning Systems, Ranging and Localization Algorithms, Vehicle/Robot Navigation, Hybrid Positioning and Communication, RFID Localization/Communication, and UWB Ranging and Localization.
- Fixed Networks: Optical networks and switching, Network architectures and Equipment, Programmable networks, Test-beds and Trials, New and enhanced Services, Network gaming, and Peer-to-peer networking.
- Wireless Networks: Wireless sensors, systems, and networks, Delay and disruption tolerant networks, Cognitive radio networks and emerging Technologies, Future spectrum for wireless, Broadband Wireless Access, Cross Layer Design, Mesh Networks, Cooperative and Intermittent Networks, Wireless privacy, security and routing techniques, RFID devices and systems, Nano-networks and Test-beds and new applications.
- Multimedia signal processing: Streamed multimedia applications, Algorithms and implementations, Image and video processing, Audio and speech processing, Error concealment techniques, Management of multimedia Services, Multimedia games.
- Unconventional applications of Signal Processing and Communication Theory: Bio-Signalling, Bio-informatics, Medical Imaging, Financial modelling, Data mining, Forensic applications, compressive electromagnetic sensing and Traffic modelling.
- Control and Operation of Power Systems:transient voltage collapse, wide area control systems (WACS), Wide Area Monitoring Systems (WAMS), experience on monitoring phasor measurement units (PMUs) installed at University's campuses, transient stability monitoring, system security, integration of AC-DC systems and operation, experience on operation of large scale systems.
- Electromagnetic Transients: digital simulation of continuous systems, transient converter simulation, transient analysis of control systems (TACS), control modelling in PSCAD/EMTDC and ATP, mixed time-frame simulation, frequency dependent network equivalents, system identification techniques (Prony, Vector Fitting, Kalman filter, unscented transform etc.).
- Non-Conventional Sources of Energy: wind energy, solar energy, energy from biomass, photovoltaic systems and integration at the conventional power grid, experience with non-conventional source of energy systems.
- Power System Modelling and Simulation: optimal power flow, power system stability, FACTS devices, HVDC, VSC, wind farm and controls, islanding detection methods, power system restoration dynamics, uncertainty quantification, power system analysis, numerical linear algebra applied to power system modelling and simulation, experience on tool simulations.
- Power System Planning: transmission network expansion planning, economic dispatch, environmental cost studies and their application, advances in simulation and modeling tools & techniques, use of emerging and innovative technologies within the realm of PMUs, FACTS and HVDC, planning and operations with increasing penetration of renewable generation.
- Power System Protection: conventional and numerical relaying, phasor estimation algorithms, special protection schemes, impact of instrument transformers on signal distortions, recent advances on fault localization methods, high impedance fault detection.
- Power Quality: harmonic power flow computation, source of harmonics, impact of harmonics on power quality and losses in power systems, modelling of flicker penetration, solutions to compensate for and reduce harmonics, insertion of electric car as a new type of load, well succeeded experiences on power quality.
- Smart Grids: smarter electricity systems, economic growth and environmental goals, technologies and policies that help to attain global energy and climate goals, future demand and supply, electrification of transport, electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, electric vehicle charging Infrastructure, system and cyber security, Information and communications technology integration, advanced metering infrastructure, customer-side systems.
Prospective authors are invited to submit submit a four to five page paper including figures and references.
Similar to the WCNPS 2017, the accepted and presented papers of the WCNPS 2018 should be published in the IEEE xplore.IEEE Xplore
Similar to the WCNPS 2017, the WCNPS 2018 will be transmitted in real time.Youtube